Squash Chicken Dressing
- 2 packages Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 chicken
- 1 small jar pimentos
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 8 medium yellow squash or zucchini, sliced
- Boil and de-bone chicken. Cut into pieces.
- Bake cornbread per package directions.
- Sauté onion and squash in butter in skillet.
- Crumble cornbread in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the onion and squash mixture to the cornbread.
- Add the pimentos and the chicken.
- Melt Velveeta, soup and 1/2 can water in the microwave. Stir
to blend well, then add to the cornbread mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Pour into a large greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes.