Apple Pie Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk (save egg white for later)
- 4 cups apples, pared and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Mix crust ingredients and divide in half.
- Toss filling ingredients gently and set aside.
- Roll dough large enough to fit the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan. Place in
- Spread filling evenly over rolled out dough.
- Roll out remaining dough large
enough to cover apple mixture.
- Cut slits on top and brush with saved egg white
mixed with 1 tablespoon water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are soft and
crust is brown.
- Frost while hot with confectioners' sugar glaze.
BAR COOKIE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.