Apricot Oatmeal Linzer Bars
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 cups ground almonds or pecans, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, divided
- 4 egg yolks or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl, combine oats, 1 1/2 cups ground almonds, flour and salt;
mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and almond extracts; beat well.
- Stir in oat mixture; mix
well. Reserve 1 1/3 cups; put in small bowl and set aside.
- Spread remaining oat mixture on bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack.
- In small bowl, combine preserves, apricots and liqueur; mix well. Spread
evenly over partially baked crust.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup ground almonds to reserved
oat mixture; mix well.
- Drop by 1/4 teaspoonsful evenly over apricot mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Quaker Oats
BAR COOKIE RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.