Birdseed Granola Squares
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup liquid honey
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped raisins/apricot/date
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts walnuts, pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- In small saucepan, melt margarine over low heat.
- Add honey and sugar; stir
and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine rolled oats, bran, sunflower seeds, dried fruit,
nuts, and sesame seeds.
- Gradually stir in sugar mixture.
- Firmly press into lightly greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish; bake in 350 degree
F oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
Yield: about 40 small squares
Per square: 104 cal, 5 g fat, 15 mg sodium, 2 g protein, 15 g carb. Good
source of fiber
Source: The Lighthearted Cookbook by Anne Lindsay 1988 Heart and Stroke
Foundation of Ontario Shared and tested without nuts and sesame seeds (sweet &
sticky) by Elizabeth Rodier August 1993
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.