Pistachio Granola Bars
Still want to enjoy your mid-afternoon snack, but looking for a way to make it healthy? Search no further than the delicious Pistachio Granola Bars. These bars are packed with your favorite Green Nut and tons of sweet flavor, too. Enjoy your snack without the guilt!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, roasted
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Spray a half sheet pan (17 x 12 inches) with food release and line with parchment paper.
- Toss the oatmeal and coconut together, and bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the oatmeal from the oven, and reduce the temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Place the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla and salt into a pot, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Toss the pistachios, apricots, cranberries and sunflower seeds together with the oatmeal mixture.
- Pour the hot honey mixture over all, and stir to mix well.
- Press the mixture into the half sheet pan using the base of a metal measuring cup to compact it.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 37 min
Nutritional Information: Calories 170, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3g, Monounsaturated Fat 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2.2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 100mg, Potassium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 15g, Protein 3g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Western Pistachio Association
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.