- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt shortening over low heat.
- Add eggs and sugar, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt until well
- Add to the egg mixture.
- Spread batter into baking pan.
- Sprinkle thickly with cinnamon and chopped nuts.
- Bake until light brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and remove from pan immediately.