Sour Cream Raisin Bars
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Add flour, oatmeal and soda; mix until crumbly.
- Press two-thirds of batter into a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch, salt, egg yolks, sour cream and sugar; cook over
low heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly.
- Add raisins and vanilla extract;
remove from heat and pour over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining batter on top.
- Bake an additional 35 minutes.