Strawberry Lemon Bars with Lemon Glaze
These Strawberry Lemon Bars have a shortbread-like texture.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 1/2 to 2 lemons (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced ( not frozen)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add egg, lemon zest,and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Stir until combined.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Press dough into the bottom of your baking pan. Bake for about 26 - 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool.
- For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Pour over cooled bars*. Cut and serve.
* Cut the bars then add a drizzle of the glaze to serve.