Strawberry Streusel Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) jar strawberry jelly
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, lemon rind, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1 cup.
- Pat remaining mixture into pan.
- Spread jelly evenly over top of dough in pan, leaving 1/4-inch border all around edges.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1 cup flour mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.