- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
- 1 (8 ounce) plain Hershey bar
2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream 1 cup butter and brown sugar until light.
- Add beaten egg yolk, vanilla extract and sifted flour.
- Spread thinly on a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan and bake
for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Melt chocolate with 2 tablespoons butter in a double boiler and spread on cookie surface.
- Sprinkle with nuts and cut into squares.