New Orleans Praline Brownies
Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix and pecans turn into a delicious brownie - perfect
- 1 box (18.3 ounce) Betty Crocker® fudge brownie
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on brownie mix box
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking
- Make brownie mix as directed on box for fudge brownies, using water, oil
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Bake as directed.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium saucepan, mix cream, butter and brown sugar. Cook over medium
heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking 1
minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pecans, powdered sugar and vanilla. Cool for 5
minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Allow to stand for 30 to 45 minutes, or until
frosting is set.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Cut into bars about 45 minutes after spreading frosting over the brownies.
This will allow you to cut the brownies while the frosting is still just slightly
warm and will minimize any cracks in the frosting.
Prep time 25 Min
Total time 2 Hr 10 Min
Expert Tip: To toast pecans, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pecans in
a single layer in a baking pan. Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 280 (Calories from
Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium
105mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 33g), Protein 0g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 2.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
Betty Crocker/General Mills.