Tropical Pork Chops
- 1 firm banana
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 2 lean pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jelly or honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut banana in half crosswise, then lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- Cook bananas in 1 teaspoon hot oil, in nonstick skillet. If necessary, add one-half
teaspoon additional oil. Remove browned bananas to a warm plate.
- Rub pork chops with garlic. Sprinkle with ginger. Add remaining oil to skillet.
Brown chops on both sides. Remove chops to warm platter.
- Melt jelly or honey in skillet; add mustard and water. Stir to blend. Return
chops to skillet; spoon sauce over them. Cover, simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until
cooked thoroughly. Remove chops to dinner plates; top with bananas. Spoon remaining
sauce from skillet over pork chops. Serve with green and yellow beans. Garnish with
raspberries and thyme, if desired.
Posted by Don from NJ at recipe Goldmine 8/2/2001 7:06 am.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.