Beefy Cowboy Beans
There's plenty of hearty ground beef in this Beefy Cowboy Beans recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup Heinz 57 sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into 1-inch crumbles.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season beef mixture with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Stir in beans, ketchup, Heinz 57 Sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.