Chuck Wagon Peach Cobbler
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 Cobbler Crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 cups peaches, drained and juice reserved
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup juice from drained peaches
- 1/2 cup Black Jack Daniels
- Cobbler Crust: Mix dry ingredients and add shortening. Cut in with a fork.
Mixture should look like coarse meal.
- Add cold water gradually to make a ball.
- Divide into 2 balls, top and bottom. Roll out one and line a 14-inch pan
or 14-inch Dutch oven.
- Roll out remainder and cut into 1-inch slices for latticework on top.
- Cobbler: Melt butter in saucepan. Add peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, sugar
and half-and-half. Mix well.
- Line pan or Dutch oven with crust.
- Pour in fruit mixture.
- Cover top with strips of crust in latticework pattern.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Moisten strips with water before baking and sprinkle sugar on latticework
for crispy finish.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.