Cowboy Caramelized Shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 15 to 20 whole shallots, peeled (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Melt butter in medium cast-iron skillet (or other heavy skillet) over medium
- Add shallots; sauté for three minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; sprinkle shallots with sugar. Cook until shallots are
caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish for meat or pork, or as a pizza topping.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2004/1/7 14:22.