- 1/2 pound chorizo
- 1 1/2 pounds ground venison, elk or antelope
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chile, drained
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 6 (8 to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil or lard
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese, grated
- Jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Crumble chorizo and ground game into heavy fry pan. Cook over medium heat
until browned; drain.
- Stir in seasoning and tomato sauce, green chiles and taco sauce. Bring to
a boil, then simmer, stirring until thickened.
- Add jalapeno peppers, if desired.
- Spoon mixture onto centers of flour tortillas.
- Fold in opposite sides and roll up, using wooden pick if necessary to keep
- Use deep fry pan and oil or lard to within an inch from the top. Oil is
ready when bubbling. Very hot oil cooks chimis faster, yet prevents them from
- Place chimis on their "seam" to seal.
- Turn and remove with tongs when both sides are browned.
- Drain on paper towel, then top with jalapenos and cheese.