- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 firm-ripe avocado
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green cilantro
- 1/2 pound Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Small can pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 bag tortilla chips (or 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage, for salad)
- In a large bowl, mix vinegar, hot sauce, oil, garlic and pepper.
- Peel, pit and cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to vinegar mixture and mix
gently to coat.
- Drain and rinse peas and corn. Add peas, corn, onions, cilantro, and tomatoes
to avocado; mix gently to coat. Add salt to taste.
- Serve pea mixture with chips as an appetizer, or add cabbage and mix to make
Posted by macklinda at Recipe Goldmine 2004/2/9 13:01.