- 1/3 cup lentils
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 4 bacon strips, fried and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans with liquid
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans with liquid
- Boil lentils in water for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain.
- Fry bacon strips.
- In bacon grease, cook onions until transparent.
- Combine lentils, bacon, onion, catsup, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, pepper
flakes, bay leaf, tomatoes and beans in crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Serves 8 to 10.