Maxine's Cowboy Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Slice the steak into 1- inch squares and brown.
- Place the steak in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Put remaining ingredients into the frying pan. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour over steak.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice or noodles.