Ranch House Chili Casserole
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 pounds boneless beef, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 (20 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon, drain and crumble.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons fat.
- Brown meat in the fat and put into a 3-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic and 1 cup water.
- Add tomato sauce and stir in chili powder mixed with the sugar.
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon.