Sugar and Spice Cowboy Steak
Sugar and Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) sirloin steak
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub one side of sirloin steak with half of the rub mixture.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Spread remaining rub mixture on the other side of the steak and let it sit at
room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook over a medium hot grill for 5 minutes
per side for medium rare. Do not cook over too hot a fire as the sugar will catch