Tex-Mex Cowboy Pie
- 1 pound already-cooked (frozen) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup bottled mild salsa
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexi-corn, drained
- 2 cups fat-free sour cream
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded colby-jack or taco blend cheese
- Heat the broiler to high, about 500 degrees F.
- If the cooked beef is frozen, microwave it on HIGH for 3 minutes and 30 seconds in a 10-inch square casserole dish to bring it to room temperature.
- Add the salsa, drained corn and sour cream. Stir until well mixed.
- Cover the dish and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes, stirring
once halfway through cooking.
- Microwave the potatoes according to the package directions, adding the salt when
you add the margarine.
- Spoon the potatoes over the beef mixture, spreading them
within 1 inch of the sides of the dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes.
- Broil for 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve at once.
Makes 4 servings.