Chocolate Zucchini Nut Bread
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups zucchini, pureed or blended
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cream sugar and shortening in mixer.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add everything else and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased 2-pound coffee can or a slow cooker bread insert.
- Cook for 3 hours on HIGH, or until the nut bread tests done with a wooden pick.
- Let stand until it's medium cool to the touch before unmolding.
- Serve with butter or cream cheese.