Bourbon Banana Bread
This banana bread is full of surprises. First, it’s spiked with the flavors of bourbon, pecans and chocolate chips (topped with a bourbon glaze and more pecans for good measure). And because it’s baked in your slow cooker, there’s no need to heat up the oven.
Slow cookers vary. Keep an eye on your bread while it's baking so it does not get overdone. Use a slow cooker with a white ceramic base for best results.
Free up the oven with this great slow cooker banana bread.
To toast pecans, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until golden brown.
- 2 2/3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- Grease bottom only of 3 1/2- to 4-quart round slow cooker with shortening or cooking spray.
- Sprinkle lightly with 2 teaspoons of the Bisquick mix.
- In large bowl, stir bananas, granulated sugar, 1/3 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons bourbon, the vanilla extract and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in remaining Bisquick mix, the cinnamon, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pecans until well blended. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker; uncover, and remove ceramic base from cooker to cooling rack. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Loosen edge of bread with thin metal spatula. Remove bread from slow cooker to cooling rack. Cool for 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and consistency of thick syrup. Drizzle over top of bread.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
Prep Time: 20 min | Total Time: 3 hr 40 min | Servings: 16
Nutrition Information–1 Serving: Calories 310 Calories from Fat 130 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 1g Cholesterol 50mg Sodium 260mg Total Carbohydrate 41g Dietary Fiber 2g Sugars 24g Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 4% Iron 6%
Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 3
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: