Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- 1 pound 14 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 5 ounces brown sugar
- 5 cups applesauce,
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup canola
- 1 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2-2/3 cup almonds, ground (or other nuts)
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 54 muffin cups with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, eggs, milk and canola oil. Mix well.
- Stir applesauce mixture into dry ingredients with raisins (or currants) and nuts.
Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Portion into the muffin cups with
a No. 16 dipper.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle a scant half teaspoon over
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 50 servings.
Nutrient Analysis Per Serving: (Portion size 2 oz. muffin) Calories 138,
Protein 4 g, Fat 4 g, Carbohydrate 23 g, Sodium 108 mg