Lemon and Almond Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups butter
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 5 lemons, zested
- 10 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 6 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon
plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups almonds,
toasted, finely ground
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- Juice from the
- Cream butter and all liquids until smooth Add all the dry ingredients (don't
- Spoon into well greased muffins tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15
- To make syrup, put in sugar and juice into a pot, bring to a boil over moderate
heat, stir, let cook until all sugar is dissolved.
- Poke holes in top of warm muffins,
brush with syrup and sprinkle with additional sugar.