Alaskan Snow Crab Pasta Primavera
- 4 1/2 quarts chopped mushrooms (45 ounces)
- 3/4 cup butter (6 ounce)
- 3 quarts cherry tomatoes halves (3 3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 4 1/2 quarts broccoli florets, blanched (39 ounces)
- 3 pints sliced carrots, blanched (24 ounces)
- 3 pints peas, thawed if necessary (26 ounces)
- 3 pounds Alaska Snow Crab meat
- 3 quarts heavy cream
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 2 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 9 pounds cooked fettuccine
- 72 steamed Alaska Snow Crab, cracked (6 3/4 pounds)
- 3 cups toasted walnuts
- Sauté mushrooms in butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until golden
brown. Stir in tomatoes and garlic. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes, or just until tomatoes
- Combine with broccoli, carrots, peas and crab meat.
- Pour cream and wine into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce by 3 cups,
stirring occasionally. Stir in Parmesan, basil and lemon juice. Season to taste
with salt and pepper.
- Steam crab legs: Place steam basket in large pot; fill pot with boiling water
to depth of 3/4 inch. Place thawed Alaska Snow Crab split legs in basket; reduce
heat and steam covered, about 5 minutes or until crab is thoroughly heated.
- For each serving: Heat 1/2 cup cream sauce with 1 1/2 cups vegetables. Toss with
6 ounces cooked fettuccine. Arrange on a serving plate with 3 Alaska Snow Crab split
legs. Sprinkle pasta with 2 tablespoons walnuts.