Barbecue Sauce for Chicken
- 1 gallon cider vinegar
- 1/2 gallon cooking oil
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle Tabasco
- 1 (4 ounce) box black pepper
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) box crushed red pepper
- 1 (3/4 ounce) jar onion powder
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle liquid garlic
- 2 pounds salt
- 100 chicken halves
- Combine all ingredients except chicken halves in saucepan. Simmer. Sprinkle chicken
halves lightly with additional salt.
- Place chicken on grill. Baste after first turning.
Turn and baste chickens frequently until done.
- Basting sauce may be prepared ahead
and refrigerated, tightly covered, for up to 1 month.
For 100 chicken halves.
This recipe was developed to be used by the Mississippi Department of Agriculture
and Commerce Cooking Team in promotion of Mississippi agricultural products.