- 4 large heads cabbage
- 6 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds mild sausage
- 3 cups raw rice
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 (18 ounce) cans tomato paste
cans tomato soup
- 6 cans water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Put cabbage heads in large pot. Add water and 2 tablespoons vinegar and cover.
Cook until leaves can be separated. Cool.
- Combine all ingredients, except tomato paste, soup, water and sugar. Put large
spoonful of mixture on cabbage leaf, then roll up. You may have to cut away a little
of the hard stem on some cabbage leaves. Place in electric roaster such as a Nesco.
- Continue until all meat is used. Chop remaining cabbage over rolls.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over rolls.
- If you are using a regular roaster, place a layer of cabbage leaves on the bottom
of the roaster to prevent sticking.
- Simmer at 150 degrees F for 8 hours.
Makes 80 rolls.