Cajun Meat Loaf
- 40 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup white pepper
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 1/4 cup nutmeg
- 40 green onions,
- 15 medium onions, chopped
- 10 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 40 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups butter or margarine
- 1 cup Worcestershire
- 2/3 cup hot pepper sauce
- 6 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 (64
ounce) bottle ketchup
- 8 (8 ounce) packages dry bread crumbs (20 cups)
- 3 dozen
- 30 pounds lean ground beef
- 10 pounds ground pork
- Combine the seasonings; set aside.
- In Dutch ovens, sauté onions, green peppers and garlic in butter until tender.
Add Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and reserved seasonings.
- Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- Remove from heat; stir in milk and ketchup. Cool. Add bread crumbs and eggs;
- In several large bowls, combine beef, pork and vegetable mixture; mix well.
- Pat into 11 greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 65-75 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160-170
degrees F; drain.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Yields 175-200 servings.