Chicken Church Casserole
- 20 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (2 pound) package elbow macaroni, cooked and
- 6 (6 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) jars diced
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cans condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 cans cream of mushroom soup,
- 2 pounds process American cheese, cubed
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Combine chicken, macaroni, mushrooms, pimentos, peppers and onions.
- In a large
bowl, combine soups, cheese, milk, basil and lemon pepper; add to chicken mixture.
Pour about 12 cups each of four greased 13 x 9-inch baking pans.
- Cover and refrigerate
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Combine corn flakes and butter;
sprinkle over the casseroles.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Yield: 45 to 50 (1 cup) servings