Jambalaya for a Crowd
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 15 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- Vegetable oil
- 9 cups chicken or beef broth
- 3 pounds smoked Polish sausage
- 6 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups mild/medium
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
teaspoons Creole seasoning
- Sour cream (optional)
- In a large skillet sauté onion, celery and garlic in oil until soft. Put into
a large bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven 375 degrees.
- Transfer mixture into 3 buttered 3-quart casserole dishes.
- Cover and bake 1 to
1 1/2 hours until rice is tender.
Makes about 24 main dish portions.
This can all be made up to a day ahead of time - just cover and refrigerate.