Abuelita Chocolate Carlota
Inspired from the traditional recipes, this layered Abuelita Chocolate Carlota
gets wonderful flavors from ladyfinger cookies soaked in a rich and sweet brandy
- About 2 cups water, divided
- About 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 (90 g) tablets NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 22 ladyfinger cookies, divided
- Whipped cream
- Strawberry jam
- Apricot jam
- Place 3/4 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, evaporated milk and Abuelita in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until Abuelita is melted; reduce heat to low.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/2 cup water in small bowl; add to Abuelita mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Combine gelatin and 2 tablespoons hot water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir into chocolate mixture; remove from heat.
- Heat 2/3 cup water and 2/3 cup sugar in medium saucepan until mixture reaches a boil. Boil for 5 minutes; add brandy.
- Place 10 cookies on bottom of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; pour brandy mixture over top of cookies and let soak into cookies.
- Spread slightly less than half of chocolate mixture over cookies; top with 7 cookies.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture over cookies; top with 5 cookies.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Decorate with strawberry jam, apricot jam and whipped cream before serving.
- Slice to serve.
Prep: 20 min | Cook: 15 min
Cooling: 2 hr 20 min | Servings: 10
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com
>> DESSERT RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.