Apple Fritter Rings
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 5 large tart apples
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat egg, milk and oil.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture until
smooth (batter will be thick).
- Peel, core and cut apples into 1/2-inch rings.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Dip apple rings into batter; fry, a few at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over hot fritters.
- Serve warm.
Yields about 24.
>> DESSERT RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.