- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cups pared thinly sliced apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Sift flour, measure, and sift with baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening with 2 spatulas.
- Add milk, Mix quickly and lightly.
- Turn onto lightly floured board. Roll in oblong sheet 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Cover with apples.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup brown sugar and the cinnamon which have
- Roll like a jellyroll. Cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Sprinkle the additional 1/4 cup brown sugar over bottom of well-oiled pan.
- Place rolls, cut down, in pan.
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees F) for about 40 minutes.
Yield: 8 rolls
Source: Household Searchlight Cookbook, 1940s
>> DESSERT RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.