These are Middle Eastern eggless doughnuts.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Grated rind of 1 orange (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Brandy or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Combine yogurt, orange rind and salt. Dissolve baking powder in brandy and add enough flour to make a pancake like batter. Cover and set aside in warm place for one and a half hours, or until raised and bubbly.
- Stir batter.
- Drop by spoonsful into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain and serve with diluted honey, cinnamon, chopped nuts or toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve warm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.