Big Mama's Teacakes
This favorite cookie recipe came from a country magazine many years ago.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- Beat butter or margarine in a large mixer bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add the 1 1/4 cups sugar and vanilla extract; beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Add to beaten
mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Drop by large rounded tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.
>> Family Favorites Recipes