El Dorado Casserole
This is a favorite recipe of Linda Jolly. I normally double this recipe. Leftovers
are especially good!
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
16 ounces tomato sauce
1 cup sliced black olives
8 ounces sour cream
cup cottage cheese
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
7 ounces tortilla corn
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Cook beef until browned.
- Drain. Add onion, garlic powder, tomato sauce and olives. Cook over low
heat until the onion is clear.
- Combine sour cream, cottage cheese and chiles.
- Layer half the chips, meat mixture, sour cream mixture and Monterey Jack
cheese in a greased 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Repeat this layering a second time.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
>> Family Favorites Recipes