Onion Crusted Catfish
- 8 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup French Fried Onions, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper and lemon zest in shallow bowl.
- Dredge fillets in flour mixture and press in crushed fried onions, coating well.
- Brown fillets over medium-high heat serving side down for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn fillets and cook 3 to 4 more minutes or until done.
- While fillets are cooking, make Pecan Sauce.
- Place fillets on plate and serve with sauce.
- Melt butter in small saucepan until bubbly and slightly browned.
- Add pecans and cook 1 minute to lightly toast.
- Add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat; add parsley. Spoon over fish.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Catfish Institute