Cedar Plank Salmon with Butter Pecan Sauce
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup white dry wine
- 1 tablespoon Champagne wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 pound sweet cream butter
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup honey roasted pecans
- 5 salmon filets
- Butter Pecan Sauce: Combine all ingredients except the salmon, butter, and
pecans in a medium saucepan and bring to a vigorous boil. Reduce stock down
to about 1/3 and adjust heat to a medium flame.
- Whisk in butter, one tablespoon at a time, until completely melted, and strain.
- Add salt, pepper and honey-roasted pecans.
- Filets: Brush with vegetable oil, and and place on a prepared cedar plank
and grill until fish is tender and flaky (about 3 to 4 minutes on each side).
- Top with Butter Pecan Sauce and chopped parsley and serve.