My family has made this dish for darn near every party I can remember for the
last 30 years or so. I frequently make it on those weekends when the campfire draws "unexpected
company" (and around here it happens all the time!) Really easy, can't
mess it up! It can all be mixed in one foil pan, baked, transported, left out and
tossed (either out completely or back in the fridge for nuking later)!
- 3 cans minced clams
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper*
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pimento
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 or 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Drain clams reserving juice.
- Mix all ingredients, adding clam juice a little
at a time till it holds together. (If you make it too wet, just add a little
more bread crumbs).
- Put into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour
or until firm.
- Serve with crackers.
* My hubby doesn't like green pepper, so I leave it out and it's never
Posted by FootsieBear at recipegoldmine.com