- 2 pounds halibut steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Rinse halibut and pat really dry on paper towel. Arrange steaks, side by
side in greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and flour in small bowl. Stir in lemon juice,
onion and pepper. Spoon mixture over fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over fish and continue to bake until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve at once.
Serves 5 or 6.