Honey Jalapeno Salmon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, stemmed and sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Combine honey, lemon juice and jalapeno in a small saucepan and bring to
a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse salmon and pat dry.
- Brush lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side over medium heat, brushing with half
the honey mixture.
- When salmon is cooked to your liking, remove from grill and
drizzle with remaining glaze.
Yield: 2 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: 490 calories, 44 g protein, 18 g total fat (3 g sat.,
0 g trans), 37 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 33 g sugar, 120 mg cholesterol, 95 mg
sodium, 11 points