Maple-Glazed Salmon with Aged Cheddar
Maple and cheddar are a made in heaven match for salmon!
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds Broccolini or broccoli spears, trimmed (3 to 4 bunches)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces Deer Creek® Vat 17 World Cheddar cheese, finely shredded (1 cup)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place salmon on a greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Arrange Broccolini and tomatoes around fillets.
- Whisk the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, garlic and remaining salt and pepper in a bowl. Spoon half of the maple mixture over salmon and vegetables. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spoon remaining maple mixture over salmon. Bake for 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily.
- Sprinkle salmon and vegetables with cheddar. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin