Ritz-Crusted Balsamic Salmon
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 to 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 salmon filets
- 6 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Lemon pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- Sauté the chopped onion in the vinegar and oil until transparent. Push mixture
to sides of skillet and insert the two salmon filets, skin-side down. Never
- Spoon the onion sauce over the filets and cook (covered if possible
to retain moisture) until filets are nearly done.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs with equal parts of Parmesan cheese.
- Add a couple drops of olive oil to moisten the crumb mix.
- Coat the cooking salmon
with the crumb mix, spooning any sauce from the skillet over the tops of the
crumbed filets. Cook fish thoroughly.