Seafood Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 medium bell peppers
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced (use cut off tops)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 8-10 dashes Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tops off of bell peppers (set tops aside for later use), remove seeds and rinse.
- In a large pot of water, boil bell peppers with a little salt for approximately 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat combine shrimp, garlic, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Seasoning and Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce. Sauté for approximately 10 minutes or until shrimp are light pink in color.
- Add crabmeat and sauté for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sautéed mixture, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs. Mix well until cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
- With a spoon, fill each bell pepper with mixture and top off with remaining shredded cheddar cheese. Place bell peppers standing up in a shallow baking dish, making sure that they don’t fall over. Add 1 cup of water to the bottom
of the baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Slap Ya Mama