Holiday Gift Cake
- 8 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) jar well-drained, chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a Bundt pan.
- Cake: Blend cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time,
beating well after each addition. Gradually add 2 cups of flour, sifted with baking
- Combine remaining flour with cherries and 1/2 cup nuts; fold into batter. Sprinkle
prepared Bundt pan with 1/2 cup nuts. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Glaze: Mix confectioners' sugar and milk.