Cinnamon Candy Popcorn
- 6 quarts freshly popped popcorn (1 cup unpopped)
- 12 ounces red hots (cinnamon candies)
- Granulated sugar (see directions)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees F. Butter a large roasting pan. Combine the popped corn in the prepared pan. Place in the oven while preparing the glaze.
- Place red hots into a 2 cup measure and fill to the top with sugar. Boil red hots, sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add soda and oil. Stir well and pour over popped corn, tossing quickly to distribute evenly. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using a metal spatula, free the popcorn from the bottom of the pan. Let cool completely in the pan.
- Break into clumps.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Yield: 6 quarts