Chewy Red, White and Blue Cookies
This recipe contains no flour.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 4 1/2 cups raw regular oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) red, white, and blue candy-coated chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat sugars and butter at low speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and next 3 ingredients, beating until combined.
- Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in batches for 15 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: about 5 dozen
Source: Southern Living