Jam Filled Star Sandwiches
A delicious shortbread cookie sweetened with jam and powered sugar.
Roll out the dough and use a 3-inch cookie cutter to make your stars, then use a 1- or 1/2-inch star to remove the centers from half of them. Bake and cool. Spread blueberry and raspberry jam on the whole cookies. Sprinkle powered sugar on the remaining stars and assemble.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter (salted)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Raspberry jam
- Blueberry jam
- Powdered sugar
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in flour.
- Divide dough in half, shape into flattened rounds, and place into gallon size plastic food storage bags. Center dough in bag and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Seal bags and chill dough for 20 minutes or up to several days.
- Using a 1-inch star cutter or 1/2-inch round, cut and remove centers from half of the unbaked star cut outs. (Centers can be rerolled or baked to used as small Stardust Cookies.)
- Spread whole cookies with blueberry or raspberry jam.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on stars with cut outs and place on top of jam spread cookie.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- After baking, allow cookies to cool.
Yield: approximately 2 dozen
Recipe and photo used with permission from: